Eunhyuk (Super Junior) Facts
- Kpop Group: Super Junior.
- Position Dancer, rapper
- Project Group:
- Dajok Elementary.
- School Dajok Elementary School.
- Hwasu High School (Transferred) Hagok High School.
- Paju University School of Performing and Visual Arts Department of Theater and Film.
- Chungwoon University Graduate School of Industrial Technology Management Department of Practical Music (Master’s Program).
- Hobbies Dancing and sports.
- Religion: Christian.
- Fanclub Jewel.
- Debut: 2005, Super Junior first album Super Junior 05.
- Skills: Modern dance, Piano, Composition.
- Mascot: He had a Pomeranian puppy named ‘Choco’ which he raised from puppyhood, but he died in April 2015 after 13 years together with Eunhyuk; Eunhyuk said goodbye to his via Twitter saying:“I was the happiest when I called Choco’s name,and I felt the warmest when I hugged her.Thank you for leaving me alone with happy memories.To my dear Choco,who shone in my life like a jewel,thank you for looking so beautiful when you passed away.Sleep well,Choco.”
- When I was little, I dreamed of being a soccer player or a singer.
- Auditioned for S.M Entertainment with childhood friend Xiah Junsu both worked as a dance troupe in elementary school and were featured in local newspapers. Both were quite famous dancers in Ilsan at the time.
- Unlike Xiah Junsu, who was selected to sign a contract with S.M after the first audition, Eunhyuk did not do so until the second audition. He auditioned again the following year and was finally selected by showing his rap and dance skills.
- To avoid confusion with the comedian Lee Hyuk Jae decided not to use his real name, replacing it with the name of Eunhyuk which means “silver “.
- Eunhyuk has confessed that he thought of undergoing plastic surgery when Super Junior made his debut, but SM Entertainment absolutely forbade him to undergo surgery, it was not because they were against the surgery itself, but because of what it might cause “I always wanted to get plastic surgery, but my company forbade me from doing it, they said if I had a procedure, I would end up having to change my whole face because it would look uncomfortable.”
- With Leeteuk is a DJ for Super Junior: Kiss The Radio, a KBS radio show.
- On April 19, 2007, Eunhyuk was hospitalized due to a car accident while returning home after the recording of the radio program Super Junior Kiss the Radio eunhyuk suffered only minor injuries and was released from the hospital on April 23.
- In appreciation for how dedicated and loving his parents have been, they received a luxury house in 2012 bought by the artist himself. Eunhyuk prepared a welcome party for his parents and his group mates also came to celebrate the event.
- On November 10, 2012, IU accidentally posted a personal photo with Super Junior’s Eunhyuk on his Twitter account. The photo showed IU in pajamas and Eunhyuk, who was apparently shirtless. Although the photo was quickly deleted, it became a big topic in the news and online communities, the words “IU and Eunhyuk” were trending worldwide on Twitter. Although there were positive comments from fans, there were also many negative reactions towards IU. In an official statement of LOEN Entertainment posted on their Twitter account, they explained that The picture was taken when Eunhyuk visited IU who was very sick at the time. IU accidentally revealed this personal photo when he was updating his Twitter account. Lastly, IU and Eunhyuk have been close friends and colleagues since IU’s debut. Lastly, the company offered apologies to both IU and Eunhyuk and Super Junior’s fans and humbly asked not to make assumptions or spread false rumors based on this.
- Eun Hyuk has officially enlisted in Chuncheon, Gangwon Province at around 12 p.m. on Oct. 13, 2015.After completing his basic training in the 102nd Reserve Forces, Eunhyuk will perform his two years of military service as an active duty soldier.Eunhyuk is the third member of Super Junior which is enlisted this year, after Shin Dong Hee and Sung Min and the seventh member in total
- On July 12, 2017, he completed his military service.
- Together with Shindong and Donghae are in charge of choreographing some of the group’s choreographies.
- Eun Hyuk was invited to participate in the theater show called Fuerza Bruta, presenting Wayra show in Seoul. His participation will be from July 7 to August 1, 2019.
- Eun Hyuk was the main conductor of the concert by the popular Chinese group TF BOYS for the group’s sixth anniversary concert that took place on August 10, 2019, it was reported that Eun Hyuk would be collaborating as a conductor as well as a choreographer. This is the first time that Eun Hyuk conducts a concert for a group other than his own group, Super Junior, and sub-units.
Eunhyuk was born Lee Hyuk Jae in Neunggok, Seoul, South Korea, on April 4, 1986. In high school, he was a member of a dance troupe called SRD the group’s popularity flourished in his hometown and when SRD was featured in a local newspaper, it was then that Eunhyuk cemented his dream of becoming a singer.
In 1999, at the age of only thirteen, Eunhyuk auditioned for S.M Entertainment through “Starlight Casting System” however, he failed the audition. A year later he auditioned again and was finally selected due to his rapping and dancing skills. Under S.M Entertainment, Eunhyuk received further training in singing, dancing, acting and had short courses in Mandarin Chinese language. He also received an offer for an interview from a top modeling agency in Seoul, but declined the offer due to problems with the contract.
In the midst of his life as an apprentice, in 2000, he made it to S.M.’s main dance class and won the Goyang City Dance Competition.
In 2002, Eunhyuk was briefly placed in an R&B project with Junsu and his future bandmate Sungmin. A year later, the group along with three future TRAX members (Jay Kim, No Minwoo, Kang Jungwoo) made their first appearance on a show called “Kangta, Battle of the Century: Pop vs. Rock”. in which Heejun taught Jay Kim, No Minwoo and Kang Jungwoo the proper way to sing rock, while Eunhyuk, Junsu and Sungmin were taught other singing techniques by Kangta.
In 2003, the trio disbanded when Junsu debuted as a member of TVXQ/DBSK. Eunhyuk and Sungmin joined ten other students and formed the group Super Junior 05.
Eunhyuk officially debuted as part of the first generation of a 12-member group called Super Junior 05 on November 6, 2005 on the KBS music program “Popular Songs”, performing his first single called “Twins (Knock Out)”. The debut album Super Junior 05 (Twins) was released a month later on December 5, 2005 and debuted at #3 on MIAK K-pop’s monthly album chart.
In March 2006, S.M Entertainment began recruiting new members for the next generation of Super Junior. However, plans changed due to the attachment fans felt for the 12 members, so the company decided to add a 13th member, Kyuhyun, and declared a halt in the formation of future generations of Super Junior. The group dropped the suffix “05” and became officially credited as Super Junior. The new group enjoyed great success after it released its first physical single “U” in the following summer, which became Super Junior’s most successful single on the music charts until the release of “Sorry Sorry Sorry” in March 2009.
Since his first official album, Eunhyuk wrote the rap lyrics for most of Super Junior’s songs. The rap lyrics for “Show Me Your Love” from the winter single with TVXQ were written by him, along with Heechul and Shindong, and “One Love,” which became his solo performance at Super Junior’s first concert, Super Show. “A Short Journey” from the repackaged version of Bonamana was written by him and composed by Donghae.
MC, sub-groups, musical theater and variety shows
On August 21, 2006, Eunhyuk and Leeteuk took over as hosts of the radio program Super Junior’s Kiss The Radio earlier this year, Eunhyuk replaced Kangin and joined Shindong and Leeteuk as the host of the music program M! Countdown of the Mnet channel, leaving the program at the beginning of 2008.
In February 2007, Eunhyuk was placed at the sub-unit Super Junior T a group dedicated to singing Trot, South Korea’s popular music, releasing the single Rokkugo. a year later, he became a member of Super Junior Happy (Super Junior-H).
Since 2009, Eunhyuk together with Shindong and Leeteuk have been regular guests on the SBS program Stong Heart where they had a special segment called “Boom Academy”; as of April 10, 2012, after Shindong’s departure from the program, Eunhyuk and Leeteuk became part of the 6 regular guests. He is also a frequent guest on Star King he also became a member of the athletic competition program Let’s go! Dream Team II broadcast on KBS.
On February 26, 2010, Eunhyuk was diagnosed with H1N1 influenza, but he performed as a guest at Girls’ Generation’s Into the New World concert in Seoul, so he had to pull out and was replaced by his bandmates Leeteuk and Heechul. Super Junior released his fourth studio album, Bonamana, and won awards in music programs after the release date. The song Boom Boom, was choreographed by Eunhyuk and performed on music programs Inkigayo and Music Core.
On December 5, 2010, Eunhyuk along with Kyuhyun, Yesung, Shindong and Leeteuk were the presenters of the MBC program named Super Junior Foresight the program came to an end on March 29, 2011.
In 2011, Eunhyuk together with Sungmin joined the sub-unit Super Junior M (active since 2007) as new members. From March to June, Eunhyuk was replaced by his partner Yesung in the SUKIRA radio program due to Super Junior-M promotions in Taiwan.
On December 16, 2011, Eunhyuk and Donghae launched as a sub-unit (Super Junior D&E) their first digital single called “Oppa, Oppa,” a song they performed as a duet during their Super Show 4 concert tour. The single was also released in Japanese along with a music video on April 4, 2012. One day after the release, the song reached No. 2 in the Oricon Daily Chart with 42, 114 copies sold, to later be ranked number 2 in the Oricon Weekly Chart. the pair held a fan meeting called Premium Mini Live Event in support of the single on April 11 in Shibuya-AX, Tokyo.
Eunhyuk made his debut in the musical theater in “Fame”, where he played Tyrone Jackson, alongside Girls ‘Generation’s Tiffany, Son Ho Young, Lina of The Grace and TRAX’s Kim Jung Mo. It was held at Woori Financial Art Hall from November 25, 2011 to January 29, 2012.
In March 2012, he took over as the host of the last three live shows of the singing program Great Birth 2 also known as Star Audition in October of the same year, S.M Entertainment and Hyundai teamed up to launch PYL Younique Album the company also announces a dance group consisting of Eunhyuk along with Donghae, Minho and Taemin from SHINee, Minho and Taemin from SHINee, Yunho from TVXQ, and Kai and Lay from EXO, called “The Dance Group”. S.M The Perfomance the song “Spectrum” is a cover of the song of the same name by DJ and producer Zedd. On December 30, 2012, S.M Entertainment released the song as a digital single.
In April 2013, Eunhyuk was confirmed as part of the cast of variety program Barefoot Friends in October, Eunhyuk along with 2PM’s Taecyeon and EXO’s Kris were the main hosts of the “2013 Asia Song Festival” organized by the Korean Music Industry Association (KMCIA) and held on October 9 at the Olympic Arena.
In 2014, Eunhyuk contributed choreography for ‘Shirt’, a song from Super Junior’s seventh album, Mamacita. The second lead single (Shirt) received praise from Allkpop, “The track is one of the most energetic on the album beyond the title.” In 2015, Super Junior D&E released their first album in Korea, “The Beat Goes On”. Eunhyuk was also a guest on Animals and Bachelor Party.
In 2018, he participated in “WHY NOT? The Dancer” alongside Highlight’s Lee Ki Kwang, SHINee’s Taemin and NCT’s Park Jisung. while in “Under Nineteen” he was the director of Team Performance.
Eunhyuk (Super Junior) Collaborations
- PYL Younique Album for Hyundai (2012)
Eunhyuk (Super Junior) Music
|Compositions and lyrics|
Eunhyuk (Super Junior) Drama
- Forever Young (VTV3 and CJ Ent., 2014) Ep. 3
- Dream High (KBS2, 2011) Ep. 13
- Nonstop 6 (MBC, 2005) Cameo
Eunhyuk (Super Junior) Musicals
- Fame (2011)
Eunhyuk (Super Junior) Films
- SMTOWN The Stage (2015)
- Super Show 4 3D (2013)
- SMTOWN Live in Tokyo Epecial Edition in 3D (2012)
- I AM. (2012)
- Super Show 3 3D (2011)
- Attack on the Pin-Up Boys (2007)
Eunhyuk (Super Junior) Awards
Eunhyuk (Super Junior) Radio Programs
- Super Junior Kiss the Radio (2006)
Eunhyuk (Super Junior) TV Programs
- Back to the idol (MBC, 2020) MC
- Weekly Idol (MBC every1, 2020) (New MC)
- Knowing Brother (jTBC, 2020) (Ep. 216 as special invitee)
- King of Mask Singer (MBC, 2020) (Ep. 235, 236 as guest judge)
- The Manager (MBC,2020) Ep. 114
- Five Cranky Brothers (jTBC, 2019).
- Today’s Fortune (jTBC2, 2019)
- Ask US Anything Fortune Teller (KBS, 2019)
- Stage K (jTBC, 2019)
- Under Nineteen (MBC, 2018)
- Borrow Trouble Season 2 (jTBC2, 2018)
- WHY NOT? The Dancer (jTBC4, 2018).
- Super TV (xtvN/tvN, 2018)
- Knowing Brother (jTBC, 2018) (Ep. 136).
- Hello Counselor (KBS, 2013, 2018, Ep. 131, 349)
- Master Key (SBS, 2017, Ep. 2, 3 and 6)
- Wednesday Food Talk (tvN, 2017, Ep. 18)
- Oppa Thinking (MBC, 2017)
- Super Junior Returns (VLive, 2017)
- Bachelor Party (MBC, 2015)
- Mickey Mouse Club (Disney Channel Korea, 2015)
- Animals (MBC, 2015)
- Radio Star (MBC, 2014, Ep. 397) (Ep. 537, as MC)
- Stargazing (MBC, 2014)
- Human Condition (KBS2, 2014, Ep. 86-88).
- One Fine Day (MBC, 2014)
- A Song for You 3 (KBS, 2014, Ep. 14-15)
- The Genius 2 (tvN, 2014, Ep. 10)
- World Changing Quiz Show/Three Wheels (MBC, 2014)
- Barefoot Friends (SBS, 2013)
- High society (jTBC, 2012)
- Come to Play (MBC, 2012)
- Star Audition: Great Birth Season 2 (MBC, 2012)
- Heroes (SBS, 2011, Ep. 22)
- Heart is Beating (KBS2, 2011)
- Oh My School (KBS, 2010)
- Super Junior’s Foresight (MBC every1, 2010)
- Happy Together (2010, Ep. 152)
- Running Man (SBS, 2009, 2017, Ep. 104, 266 and 376)
- Let’s Go Dream Team! Season 2 (KBS, 2009-2010)
- Intimate Note (SBS, 2009, Ep. 24-25)
- King of the Ring (MBC, 2009)
- Star King (SBS, 2009) (regular host)
- Strong Heart (SBS, 2009) (regular host)
- Introducing Star Friends (MBC, 2009)
- Idol Show (MBC, 2008)
- Unbelievable Outing Season 3 (Comedy TV, 2008)
- Super Junior E.H.B (SBS, 2007-2008)
- Idol World (KM, 2007, Ep. 6-13)
- Tock Talk (2006)
- Super Junior Mini-Drama (Mnet, 2006)
- Super Junior Adonis C& (KM, 2006)
- Mystery 6 (Mnet, 2006, Ep. 3, 4 and 5)
- Super Junior Reality Survival Drama (Mnet, 2006)
- M Countdown (Mnet, 2006-2008) (regular)
- Super Junior Full House (SBS, 2006)
- Super Junior Show (KM, 2005-2006)
- Saturday is Coming (SBS, 2005)
- Battle of the Century: Pop vs. Rock (2002)
Eunhyuk (Super Junior) TV Drama’s
- Today More Than Yesterday theme for Secret Queen Makers (2018)