Eugene (S.E.S) Facts
- K-Pop Group: S.E.S
- Sang Soo Elementary School
- Agatha Johnston School.
- John F. Kennedy High School.
- KFS (Korea School of Foreign Affairs.
- Hobbies: Album collection and athletics.
- Specialty: Playing piano, drawing, writing, interior design and photography.
- Languages: Korean, English and Chamorro.
- Religion Protestant Christian.
- She was married on July 23, 2011 to her partner of Creating Destiny, Ki Tae Young they started dating when the drama ended.
- She has always been closely linked to the world of fashion, since her first jobs as a model for various clothing and cosmetics brands when she was still a member of S.E.S.
- After three years of marriage, Eugene and her husband Ki Tae Young announced on October 15, 2014 that they are expecting their first baby, at that time she was 13 weeks pregnant. She gave birth on April 12, 2015.
- U-Know from TVXQ revealed that she was a great admirer.
- YoonA chose her as one of the five beauties of SM Entertainment.
- On April 16, 2018, Eugene’s agency, C9 Entertainment, confirmed that the actress was pregnant with her second child and was in her fourth month of pregnancy.
- On August 3, 2018, Eugene denies involvement in gambling debt scandal following reports that a former female group member was sued for failing to pay her 600 million won (approximately $530,000) debt, Shoo from S.E.S admitted that she was the celebrity in question, while Eugene flatly denied it. On August 3, C9 Entertainment, stated: “There have been continuous consultations with Eugene and the company since the morning.Currently, Eugene, who is full term pregnant, is very shocked.Not true.Eugene does not play any games in general. “With only a month left in her pregnancy and in need of rest, Eugene asked her agency to crack down on these unfounded rumors.
- Eugene gave birth to her second daughter on August 18, 2018.
Eugene’s real name is Kim Yoo Jin (김유진) She was born in Seoul but, as a young child, her family moved to the island of Guam where she lived most of her childhood. During her teenage years, Eugene returned to Korea with her mother and younger sister.
He made her show business debut in 1997, under the baton of SM Entertainment, as a member of the girl band S.E.S and being discovered thanks to a video-audition she sent to the SM when she was still living in Guam. The group was created with the idea of forming a girlband similar to boyband H.O.T. also from SM, which in those years was very successful in Korea.
After the breakup of S.E.S, Eugene made her acting debut in 2002 with the drama “Loving You” alongside the late Park Yong Ha. Other dramas followed. In the summer of 2010, she starred in one of the most successful dramas in Korea, Bread, Love and Dreams co-starring Yoon Si Yoon and Joo Won.
Eugene has also starred in feature films and hosted a number of television shows, such as Happy Together Friends two editions of the Asia Song Festival or, the most recent, The Great Birth in addition, over the years, Eugene has hosted several cable TV shows focused on the world of beauty, such as “Beauty and the Beauty of the World” and “The Beauty of the World”.Eugene’s Makeup Diary”. o “Get It Beauty“ and has written two books Eugene’s Beauty Secrets and Eugene’s Get It Beauty currently, she is the co-president of the clothing brand MOMO.
Eugene (S.E.S) Drama
- The Penthouse 3 (SBS, 2021)
- The Penthouse 2 (SBS, 2021)
- The Penthouse (SBS, 2020)
- All About My Mom (KBS2, 2015)
- Can We Love? (JTBC, 2014)
- A Hundred Year’s Inheritance (MBC, 2013)
- Oh La La Couple (KBS2, 2012) Ep. 2
- Hwapyeong Princess’s Weight Loss (KBS2, 2011)
- Bread, Love and Dreams (KBS2, 2010)
- Creating Destiny (MBC, 2009)
- One Mom and Three Dads (KBS2, 2008)
- I Really Really Like You (MBC, 2006)
- Wonderful Life (MBC, 2005)
- Save the Last Dance for Me (MBC, 2004)
- Loving You (KBS, 2002)
- Eugene’s Get It Beauty (2011)
- Eugene’s Beauty Secrets (2009)
Eugene (S.E.S) Musicals
- 2007: Innocents Steps
Eugene (S.E.S) Films
- Paper Flower (2020)
- Yoga Hakwon (2009)
- Romantic Island (2008)
- Heartbreak Library (2008)
- Unstoppable Marriage (2007)
Eugene (S.E.S) Awards
Eugene (S.E.S) TV Programs
- Get It Beauty (O’live TV, 2010-2014)
- The Great Birth – Season 3 (MBC, 2012)
- Super Couple Diary (OnStyle, 2012)
- Living Beauty – Eugene’s Makeup Diary, Season 2 (O’live TV, 2009)
- Living Beauty – Eugene’s Makeup Diary, Season 1 (O’live TV, 2009)
- Happy Together (KBS2, 2005-2007)
- Nam Hui-seok and Eugene’s Love Story (KBS, 2003)
- Saturday is Coming (SBS, 2002)
Themes for Drama
- I Really Really Like You (Rock Ver.) theme for I Really Really Like You (2006)
- I Like You (besides Mr Burn) theme for I Really Really Like You (2006)
- Jungsun Arirang theme for I Really Really Like You (2006)
- My Dream theme for Save the Last Dance for Me (2004)
- Travel Memories theme for Romantic Island (2008)
- Plastic Syndrome theme for Romantic Island (2008)
- Romantic Christmas (besides Lee Sun Gyun) theme for Romantic Island (2008)
- Travel Memories theme for Romantic Island (2008)