Eli (U-KISS) Facts
- Ex-Kpop Group: U-KISS (2008 -2019)
- Ex Sub-unit: uBEAT (2013 -2019)
- Position: Rapper, Vocalist and Dancer.
- Languages: English (native), Korean (fluent), Mandarin (fluent) and Japanese (fluent).
- Hobbies: Listening to music, watching movies, computers.
- Specialties Taekwondo, Kung Fu, English, Chinese.
- Motto: “I suffer today for tomorrow’s fate.”
- Ni River Middle School (Virginia)
- Riverbend High School (Virginia)
- Religion; protestant
- It is known as The Pigeon because of its good bird imitation.
- In U-KISS Vampire said that when he was 15 years old and lived in China he went through very difficult times, among them he said he went hungry, and that he was eating only ramen, one day he would eat the noodles and another the soup and that he lived like that for 3 months, with a box of ramen.
- On December 4, 2015 Eli made it known on his Instagram account that he was married and that his wife was pregnant; this is the message: “Hi everyone.I know you all probably already know that I have a girlfriend because of the ring on my finger.We have been together about five years and love each other very much~ We actually filed our marriage license on June 5,2014 and are currently happily married with a baby on the way.My wife is three months pregnant and by next summer I will be a dad.We don’t have our ceremony yet,but we will try to have one very soon.I know this may come as a surprise to everyone,but we thought you should know.Thank you all for your support all this time and I apologize if anyone feels betrayed,and I understand if you no longer support U-KISS “.
- On June 07, 2016, his wife gave birth to their first child, Kim Michael (MinSoo).
- After three years of marriage, Eli and his wife had their marriage ceremony on June 3, 2017.
- On May 16, 2019, it was announced that his exclusive contract with nhemg, as well as his contracts with the Japanese agency Avex expired, and after long discussions he decided not to renew them.
- On November 26, 2020, Eli wrote a post on his instagram announcing that he and his wife decided to separate after 6 years of marriage. He is living in the United States and his wife and son, will live in Korea.
Eli (short for Ellison) was raised in Washington, DC by his Korean parents, but spent most of his years in Virginia. He has a younger sister and an older sister. He attended Ni River Middle School and Riverbend High School in Virginia. After dropping out of high school, he went on his own to Beijing, China, to continue his studies where he also learned Mandarin. He studied Taekwondo and Kung Fu techniques for 12 years, opening up an opportunity for him to cast as an extra performer in a Chinese film.
He disclosed that he had been married since June 5, 2013, to his wife 11 years his senior, with whom he had been dating for five years. His wife gave birth on June 7, 2016.
Eli (U-KISS) Collaborations
- Together – JAMOSA & Kevin (2011)
Eli (U-KISS) Drama
- Full House (China, TBA)
- K-POP – The Ultimate Audition (Channel A, 2013) cameo
- Real School! (MBC, 2011)
- Autumn Destiny (Channel 9, 2010)
Eli (U-KISS) TV Programs
- Mystery Rank Show 123 (MBC, 2017).
- Hello Counselor (KBS2, 2017)
- King of Mask Singer (MBC, 2017)
- Mr. House Husband (KBS, 2017)
- Video Star (MBCevery1, 2016)
- After School Club (Arirang, 2015)
- After School Club (Arirang, 2014) (14.05.2014) (Ep.66, besides Peniel (BTOB )
- Mental Shooter (MBC Music, 2014)
- After School Club (Arirang, 2013)
- K-POP Tasty Road (O’live, 2012)
- Weekly Idol (MBCevery1, 2011)
- Chef Kiss (SBSE!, 2010)
- Pops in Seoul (2010) (besides Alexander)
- Idol United (2010)
- We are Dating (2010) (besides Ji Hae ), but after several episodes, the program was cancelled).
- Mnet Scandal (2010)
- All about U-KISS (Mnet, 2009)
- F1 (MBC ESPN)
- Invincible Baseball Team (together with Dong Ho)