Dongwoon (HIGHLIGHT) Facts
- Kpop Group HIGHLIGHT
- Previous name: B2ST / BEAST
- Position Vocalist, dancer, maknae.
- Hanyoung High School
- Kon Kuk University (Major in Photography and Film)
- Fanclub name Swooners.
- Instruments Piano, Violin, Electric Flute.
- Years of Activity: 2009 – Present
- Hobbies: Reading/Writing songs.
- Specialties: Piano/Traditional Chinese/Violin.
- His favorite author is Bernard Weber.
- He is very shy in front of the camera.
- In a presentation of Trouble Maker, Hyun Seung changed location so that he could be with HyunA
- He loves to read science fiction books.
- Due to his rapid maturity, he has been nicknamed “God-Man”.
- He spent a long time in the JYP as an apprentice (2005 – 2007).
- He was the last to join BEAST.
- He is very good at mathematical operations.
- Fans were jokingly commenting that he appears to be Thai and not Korean, apparently when he is around Nichkhun gives it that Thai feel.
- He was ruled out of doing the show We Got Married together with Junhyung and Yoseob because they said he would be unfaithful, provoking laughter among the public and his colleagues.
- In the Showtime Program, he confessed that he had once been drinking alcohol with JunHyung and that he was already drunk and kissed him, and he himself affirmed and explained it, leaving the other boys in shock.
- On Showtime he admitted that he has stretch marks on his legs due to his rapid growth.
- On the third anniversary of the program Weekly Idol in 2014, host Jun Hyung Don kissed Dong Woon on the mouth.
- On March 12, 2019, his agency AROUND US Entertainment announced that the artist passed the exams and was chosen in the Seoul Police Enlisted Police Officer Selection Lottery No. 363, which means he will serve his military service as an enlisted police officer, the recruitment is expected to take approximately 6 months.
- On March 21, 2019, Dong Woon was reported to enlist quietly and privately on May 09. On May 09, he formally started his compulsory military service as an enlisted police officer. He concluded his military service on December 08, 2020.
Son Dong Woon (born June 6, 1991, in Seoul, South Korea), better known simply as DongWoon, is an idol, singer, and dancer from South Korea. He is a member and the Maknae of B2ST / BEAST under the Cube Entertainment label.
Together with the group, Son DongWoon has released one Korean album, five Korean mini-albums, and several singles. On December 21, 2010, together with his partner Yoon DooJoon in a sub-unit, wrote and composed a ballad genre song titled “When The Door Closes” as part of the digital mini-album My Story. DongWoon is one of the vocalists and the Maknae of the group.
DongWoon’s father, Son Il-rak, is a professor at Cheongju University. DongWoon stated in an interview on the KBS show Win Win that he studied in Santa Rosa and Laguna in the Philippines. He was a trainee at JYP Entertainment for two years, and was the last member chosen to join the company BEAST he is the Maknae (the youngest) of the group.
DongWoon is known for his western appearance compared to the other band members. He also has various talents such as speaking English and Chinese, as well as playing the electric flute. He attended Hanyoung High School and is currently attending Konkuk University, where he is studying to be a photography and film major.
In December 2010, DongWoon released a digital album with his single titled “Udon”, together with Kang Min Kyung from Davichi after its release, the song quickly rose to the top of the charts, gaining immense popularity and hopefully the start of an upcoming project. However, according to the song’s composers, since the song’s title is in Japanese, the three major broadcasting networks confirmed that it would not be shown on television.
In April 2012, DongWoon released “In the Cloud” for Shinsadong Tiger’s “Supermarket_another Half” album project. With this mid-tempo ballad, the maknae of B2ST / BEAST son Dongwoon shows his fans what he can bring to the forefront as a solo artist, singing the joys of a man who is hopelessly in love. The pop-style track is a mix of electronic sound with classic sounds that showcases Shinsadong Tiger’s talent, coupled with the repetitive melody line (lately in fashion) to capture fans just by listening to the track once.
Debut as a soloist in Japan.
During the first half of 2015, his solo debut is announced with the first mini-album entitled ‘KIMISHIKA’, at the end of May, two video teasers were released, which left the fans waiting in anticipation, and the wait was rewarded on June 10 with the release of the official video for the single 「ツヨク想う」 (TSUYOKUOMOU). The official release of the album is expected on July 1. The official release of their video ‘KIMISHIKA’ was on June 28, 2015.
Dongwoon (HIGHLIGHT) Collaborations
Dongwoon (HIGHLIGHT) Music
- HIGHLIGHT – Surf (2021)
- HIGHLIGHT – Leave Me Alone (2018)
- HIGHLIGHT – 바람 (Wind) (2018).
- HIGHLIGHT – I’ll Give You My All (2017)
- Na Yoon Kwon – 아무것도 늦지 않았다 (Nothing is Late) (2016).
- BEAST – 문이닫히면 (When The Door Closes) (2010)
- BEAST – Bad Girl (2009)
- BEAST – BEAST is the B2st (2009)
Dongwoon (HIGHLIGHT) Musicals
- “Catch Me If You Can,” as Frank (2012).
- “The Great Gatsby” (2015).
Dongwoon (HIGHLIGHT) TV Programs
- GOT YA! GWSN (Mnet, 2018)
- Battle Trip (KBS2, 2017)
- Dreamstargram (jTBC, 2017) as MC.
- Weekend in the Forest (tvN, 2017) as MC.
- Flower Boy Romance (MBC, 2017) besides KiKwang
- Raid the Convenience Store (tvN, 2017). Ep. 1
- King of Mask Singer (MBC, 2015)
- Running Man (SBS, 2015, Ep. 233)
- Show Time Season 2 (MBC, 2014) – Along with BEAST
- Super Idol Chart Show (Mnet, 2014) – besides Ryeowook
- Let’s Go! Dream Team Season 2 (KBS2, 2012)
- Invincible Youth 2 (KBS2, 2012)
- 2012 Idol Star Athletics Championships (MBC, 2012)
- Star Dance Battle (2009,2011)
- Win Win (KBS2, 2012) – besides BEAST
- Oh My School! (KBS2, 2011)
- Exciting Cube TV (MNET Japan, 2011)
- 2010 Idol Star Athletics Championships (MBC, 2010)
- Shin PD Variety Show (SBS, 2010)
- Idol Maid (MBC, 2010)
- MTV Beast Almighty (MTV, 2010)
- MTV B2ST (MTV, 2009)
Dongwoon (HIGHLIGHT) TV Drama’s
- Dreaming Now theme for Defendant (2017)
Dongwoon (HIGHLIGHT) Music Videos
- “Udon” – Dong Woon & Min Kyung
- “I Knew It” – BEAST
Dongwoon (HIGHLIGHT) Advertisement
- Tao Kae Noi (2011)
- BBQ Chicken (2011)
- BEATOY (2011 – Present)
- Skoolooks (2011 – Present)
- Fila Korea (2011 – Present)