Since she was a child, she had the dream of being an artist, so she traveled to Japan, where she worked very hard to achieve her goal.
Chae Yeon made her debut in Japan on January 1, 2001 as part of a group called Brand New Biscuits she was also a member of the group UltraCats under the name “Jinny” or “Jinny Lee” from 2001 to 2002.
After passing an audition, from an entertainment company in Japan, she first appeared on a popular program called “Uchan nanchan no Urinari!” on Japanese NTV. Appearing on the program for almost 3 years. Along with the TV program, Chae Yeon (then Jinny) made three singles and a mini-album in Japan as a singer.
It was in 2003 that she returned to Korea with her first official album “It’s My Time” under her new stage name Chae Yeon although she was initially seen as just another “sexy concept” singer, unlike many others she proved to be a great dancer and a good vocalist in her ballads and live performances. Her real success came when her second album was released in late 2004, and it was “Two Of Us”, the first single, that launched her to No.1 in many music charts during the spring of 2005.
Chae Yeon Facts
- 2001 in Japan
- 2003 in South Korea.
- Education: Seoul School of the Arts (Department of Radio & Entertainment)
- Hoobies: Photography, television viewing, computer games
- Favorite colors: Orange, white, silver, black
- Their idols Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera
- Motto: “More pronounced, a dream can come true.”
- She officially changed her name from Jin Sook to Chae Yeon, because she thought the name was outdated.
- She has two dogs, Honey and Mini.
- While in Japan, there was a time when Chae Yeon was very poor so she had to sleep on the streets.
- In 2004, the lead single from her second album, Two Of US the song was heard everywhere in Korea and its movement in “Na-na-na” was very popular.
- In an interview, Lee Hyo Ri (prior to their second album), revealed that their biggest competing threats were BoA and Chae Yeon.
- She participated in an episode of We Got Married (First season) since Sol Bi invited her to her newlywed home.
- On December 8, 2009 she had her first mini concert in China with a full house
- She has stated that while she initially felt awkward and uncomfortable with her sexy image, she now feels more at ease, claiming that she feels sexier
- She confessed in Roommate Season 2 that she has a friendship of more than 8 years with the Japanese actor Otani Ryohei
- Most of her MVs have not been uploaded to youtube, however they can be found as they have been re-uploaded by fans
Chae Yeon TV Programs
- Hello Counselor (KBS2, 2019) (04.02.2019) (Ep. 398)
- Happy Together 4 (KBS2, 2018), (Ep.7).
- Roommate (SBS, 2014) guest
- We Got Married (MBC, 2008) Cameo first season
- Love Letter (SBS, 2004)
- X-Man (SBS, 2004-2006) Ep 24-25, 31-32, 35-36, 46-47, 53-54, 61-68, 73-74, 102-126