Bolbbalgan4 (BOL4) Facts
- Duo: BOL4
- Education: Sungshin Women’s University Department of Modern Applied Music
- She sang John Lennon’s Imagine at the opening of the Pyeongchang Olympic Games.
- She adopted Bol4 as her stage name after Woo Ji Yoon announced her separation from the duo.
- BOL4 agency shares update on legal action against malicious commenters BOL4 agency shares update on legal action against malicious commenters Jul 14, 2020 by kokonii.
- BOL4’s agency, Shofar Music, shared an update on the legal action they have reportedly taken against malicious commentators. On July 14, they released the following statement
- “Hello, we are Shofar Music. Due to recent malicious and defamatory publications including unfounded rumors, malicious comments and sexual harassment towards our artist BOL4,our artist suffers serious emotional injury. Our agency previously stated that we will take legal action against the malicious comments written about our artist. We have been continuously collecting evidence through our own monitoring as well as those submitted by fans, and have already filed our legal claims through our representatives with the relevant investigative agencies. The investigation is currently ongoing and we plan to continue to submit additional evidence as well as new allegations. We also wish to notify you that we will take firm legal action without mercy through settlements. We thank everyone who cares about BOL4 and will continue to do our best and be active in protecting our artists.
- On November 11, her agency reported that BOL4 would be taking a break to focus on her treatment for anxiety and released the following statement
- “Hello, this is Shofar Music. We are making this official statement due to the health condition of our agency’s artist Ji Young of BOL4 and her future activities. Due to Ji Young’s worsening health condition and anxiety symptoms, she has visited a specialized medical center during the first half of this year and has been receiving treatment through psychotherapy and prescription drugs. However, since her anxiety symptoms have worsened recently, it has been decided that it would be difficult for her to carry out her activities normally for the time being, and it will be even more difficult for her to carry out promotions for her single album “Filmlet”. Our agency considers our artist’s health to be our priority, so it has been decided that she will rest and focus on her treatment. We plan to postpone her promotions temporarily until she recovers. We apologize for worrying fans and everyone with this sudden news. We ask that you
He was born and raised in Yeongju City, Gyeongsang, Gyeongsang, China.
In 2014, she appeared on Superstar K6, and debuted as a member of BOL4 together with Woo Ji Yoon in 2016.
2020: Solo comeback with the Mini-Album “Puberty Book II”.
Shofar Music announced Woo Ji Yoon’s departure from the duo and, that, Ahn Ji Young would promote as a solo artist while keeping the name BOL4.
On April 29 at 12 p.m. KST, it was confirmed that she would make her comeback with the mini-album “Puberty Book II: A Flower The Butterfly Has Seen”. but first, she would release a pre-release single.
The schedule that was revealed announced the date on which her mini-album would be released, being May 13 at 6PM KST. Including the date of the pre-release single, “Leo” which is scheduled for May 7 at 6PM KST and which features the collaboration of Baek Hyun from EXO.
“Leo” is written by Ahn Ji Young and Vanilla Man, which creates a unique atmosphere with jazz piano and string sounds. The lyrics tell a touching story about being happy even just watching someone you love.
On May 13, I will be back with the mini-album “Puberty Book II: A Flower The Butterfly Has Seen”. and with the main song of the album, “Hug”.
“Hug” co-composed by Ahn Ji Young and Vanilla Man, is a song about the warm and fuzzy feelings that someone feels when he/she is heading to meet the person he/she loves. The lyrics were written by Ahn Ji Young as well.
Participation in the SM Sation project “Our Beloved BoA #2”.
It was chosen to participate in the project “Our Beloved BoA” sM has prepared it to celebrate BoA’s 20 years of music career. The song will be released on August 7 on the SM Station project.
“Atlantis Princess” is a song, full of rhythm and an old-school sound. BoA released it with their second album 17 years ago. In BOL4’s version the music has been adapted to a more indie-pop or melodic pop style.
Back with the Single Album “Filmlet
On November 4 BOL4 would make its comeback with the single album “Filmlet” which contains three songs, the title song being “Dancing Cartoon” and, the b-side Red Lipstick”, “Red Lipstick”, “Red Lipstick”, “Red Lipstick”, “Red Lipstick the music video for the title song features the participation of Wonpil from DAY6 as the protagonist.
“Dancing Cartoon” is a funky mid-tempo song composed by Ahn Ji Young and Vanilla Man. The lyrics, which were also written by Ahn Ji Young, are about constantly confessing love to someone and becoming bolder with each rejection.
2021: Back with the Single “Butterfly Effect”.
On October 12, through its official Twitter account, the company confirmed its comeback with the digital single “Butterfly Effect” which is scheduled to be released on October 26 at 6PM KST.
The single features two songs, “Butterfly Effect” and “Space” being “Butterfly Effect” she also participated in both the writing of the lyrics and the composition of both songs along with Vanilla Man.
“Butterfly Effect” is a song of rock genre and “Space” is a ballad.
Through the two songs, they describe the ecstasy of the shining moment to the sense of loss, and collectively capture the emotions they feel in their relationship with each other.
Bolbbalgan4 (BOL4) Collaborations
- Wh3n – New York (Feat. BOL4) (D-day Ver.) (2020)
Bolbbalgan4 (BOL4) Music
Bolbbalgan4 (BOL4) Awards
Bolbbalgan4 (BOL4) TV Programs
- Idol Room (jTBC, 2019, Ep. 34)
- King of Mask Singer (MBC, 2016)
- Superstar K 6 (Mnet, 2014)
Bolbbalgan4 (BOL4) TV Drama’s
- Love Letter theme for Start-Up (2020)
Bolbbalgan4 (BOL4) Music Videos
- Kim Ji Soo – Dream All Day (2017)