Bekah (After School) Facts
- Ex K-Pop Group: After School
- Position: Vocalist, Rapper and Dancer.
- Debut 2009
- Languages English and Korean.
- Moanalua High School
- Kapiolani Community College (Dropped out)
- Specialty Composing, Drawing, Surfin, Photography.
- She trained for only 6 months before her debut.
- During her debut, she first met Kahi and then to Joo Yeon bekah was treated very well by all members.
- She said the hardest part of being an idol was that they couldn’t sleep and the most enjoyable part of being an idol was the fans.
- At the time of “Ah” she fell during a performance in the rain, but luckily it was not filmed.
- She said that among all the members, she was closest to Kahi, Young Ah and that she liked to speak English with Lizzy.
- During the Bang! promotions, many netizens complained about Bekah’s weight during the presentations, which made her go on a diet.
- She described a funny moment with the AS members: she said that when they were in the van to go to an event, they were all singing along with the music blaring and by then the van started to shake/wobble to which Nana couldn’t stop laughing.
- She wrote the lyrics for Let’s Step Up (After School’s first album).
- Bekah was unable to participate in the Let’s Step Up tap dance performance due to an ankle injury she had been carrying for a year.
- She graduated from After School on July 1, 2011.
- For her farewell, Bekah wrote the song “Take Me To The Place”, in English, with this song she also debuted as a soloist. She refused to perform “Take Me To The Place” on stage.
- In the future, when she is a professional designer, she wants to design a whole album for After School, in appreciation for all the moments she spent in the group.
- She opened an online jewelry store called “I Crave You”.
- Their most memorable performance was their last performance on stage with “Shampoo” in Inkigayo, as they did a little prayer and Jungah started crying to which made all the members start crying as well.
- Bekah has no regrets about leaving After School felt it was the right time before AS headed to Japan.
- On July 19, 2013 she had a KConUSA live chat where fans asked her questions.
- She did a collaboration on the song “Sinister” from Kahi’s 2nd mini album.
Bekah was born and raised in Hawaii, so she finished her studies there. Bekah did not participate in the promotions of the new album (2010), “Love Love Love Love Love Love” because she took a 2 month break to visit her parents in Hawaii. In July 2011, Bekah graduated from After School and returned to Hawaii to fulfill her dream of becoming a professional designer.
Bekah (After School) Drama
- You’re Beautiful (SBS, 2009 cameo)
Bekah (After School) Films
- White: The Melody of the Curse (2011)/Cameo
Bekah (After School) TV Programs
- Playgirlz School Every 1 (MBC 2009)
- Golden 12 TV Show (2012) ft Hyori & Yoni P